SOCIAL MEDIA

My TotSchool Summer - Organization and Storage

Friday, September 9, 2016

Today's post is going to be short and sweet!  It will also be picture heavy.  However I wanted to take a quick second to show you how I store and organize our Tot School stuff.  My system may not work for everyone depending on how much space you have or don't have, but I hope you can at least get some ideas!




It was important for me to have our TotSchool supplies up where Small Fry couldn't reach them.  When we were just getting started the stuff was on the dining room table, but I knew that wouldn't work for long.  My dog's kennels are in the same room we use as a playroom, so my dad built this little 'tabletop' for them.  I bought the 3 drawer organizer from Target and moved everything in!  You can see that I still do have some dog supplies on the side there, but this is the perfect place to keep a lot of our Tot School stuff! (Note:  I was being cheap budget conscious and bought the target brand drawers.  If I had to do it over I'd pay the extra for the name brand (Sterilite) drawers.  These ones feel flimsy to me.)


In the bottom drawer I have all of Small Fry's craft supplies.  He has alphabet stamps, alphabet sponges, modeling clay, paint, chalk, crayons, markers, colored pencils, and more.  I put this drawer on the bottom, since it it the heaviest!


Next up (literally) we have the materials for Small Fry's Sensory bins.  I store the rice, beans, cloud dough and pom-poms in Ziploc baggies.  I also have the shaving foam and hair gel in here, as well as the cups we use for scoops.


Everyone's got a Junk Drawer right?  This is some of the random TotSchool stuff.  I've got extra Ziploc bags, empty containers, duct tape, whiteboard supplies, and the foam alphabet stamps which Small Fry just likes to chew on, and they don't fit in the bottom craft supply drawer!

I keep our Dollar Store baking sheet and Tot School Tarp (AKA - shower curtain liner) on top of drawers.  Technically they would fit in the drawers but I'd have to take everything out of the drawer to get to them on the bottom, so it just works better to have them on top!  I have our smaller fun bins up here too.  That weird looking thing - we use it for fine motor practice by putting beads on the sticks - that doesn't fit in a drawer!


I put our Fun Bin behind the drawers.  There is nothing inside of it, so I don't have to take anything out to use it.  Honestly it's only here maybe 4 days out of 7.  It is usually either in use, drying after whatever activity we did the day before, or on the floor with whatever activity we did yesterday!

So that's my TotSchool Storage and Organization!  I hope some of my system either works for you, or helps you to figure out what would work for you!



 photo Signature_zps73d808b4.png

Post a Comment

Instagram