Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February Currently

I can't believe it's already March 1st (ok fine it's March 2nd now... *sigh*) 
But that means it's time to link up with Farley and complete her awesome CURRENTLY!


...listening...
With the baby getting more talkative and my classroom at school being super noisy (I share it with 3 other teachers) I have really been valuing my quiet time.  Currently it is pretty quiet, some noise from the wind outside, and I can just hear the song playing in the nursery.  But no one is talking or yelling or humming or singing and it is glorious!

...loving...
Spring is coming to upstate New York.  Winter is getting a few more licks in - there was a dusting of snow this morning and temps are supposed to drop today.  However, we've had a couple of awesome weather days recently.  In fact, we went to the zoo on Sunday and did all the outside exhibits, as well as inside ones!

...thinking...
I really need to start to prioritize my to-do list. The problem is that there are so many things I want to do, and they are so much more fun than the things I need to do! Any tips for me?!?!

...wanting...
I suppose I really can't complain about this one.  The baby is getting really good at sleeping through the night.  However, it seems like whenever he doesn't wake me up something else does... a storm, the wind, the dogs... 8 hours... all I want is a solid 8 hours!

...needing...
Along with prioritizing I need the motivation to get those things I've prioritized DONE! Deadlines end up being my motivation and I don't think that motivates me to do my best.

...polling site...
My school is not a polling site.  However I do remember my school being a polling place when I was growing up, and I remember those days being days I had off! I wouldn't mind my school being a polling place if it were a teacher work day! I can get stuff DONE!

So now it's your turn... link on up and comment! comment! comment!

Oh Boy It's Farley

 photo Signature_zps73d808b4.png

3 comments:

  1. I am a really light sleeper too and never seem to manage a solid 8 hours... even without a baby! Good luck with achieving that one soon.

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sounds of silence. It rarely gets old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I feel like your blog is the soul mate of my blog. I have littles right now who are struggling to sleep, which is what's killing my to-do list, but one thing that's helpful to me is focusing on one task at a time. So if I'm working on a product, for exmaple, there's no social media breaks, no email checking, no baby playing--you get the idea. I also set a timer for like 15 or 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete