Friday, October 24, 2014

What the Teacher Wore

OK I know - I've been absolutely terrible about blogging and everything this month - and here is why: my hubs has been working nights since Oct. 1 which really throws off my schedule.  Plus I am just super tired!

You can link-up at the bottom!

So here is what I have been wearing:

Monday September 29
Red Maxi Skirt - Forever 21
Black Long-Sleeved Top - by Sonoma at Kohl's
Gray and Black Leopard Print Scarf - by Apt. 9 at Kohl's

Tuesday September 30
I forgot to post this outfit to instagram which is a big bummer cuz it's cute!
Boots - by Candies at Kohl's
Boot Socks - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Leggings - by VeraWang at Kohl's
Teal Turtleneck - by Sonoma at Kohl's 
Long Open Front Cardigan - by Croft and Barrow at Kohl's
Scarf - by me! It is a black and teal zebra print on a khaki background.

Wednesday October 30
Black Wide-Leg Pants - by Jennifer Lopez at Kohl's (yes I have many pairs of these- I wear them often)
Floral Tank - by Lauren Conrad at Kohl's
Fly Away Cardigan - by Sonoma at Kohl's

Thursday October 2
Kahki Trousers - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Gray Long-Sleeved Top - by Sonoma at Kohl's
Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
This is a color combo I would normally never wear - but the scarf what a khaki color with a silver accent - I ended up loving this outfit

Friday October 3
Jeans - by VeraWang at Kohl's
Blue Floral Top - by Lauren Conrad at Kohl's (I have this shirt in creme and mauve too!)
White Pashmina Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's - they have these each year in great colors, they drape so nicely!

Monday October 6
there were no creative outfit juices this day!
Gray Corduroy - by Sonoma at Kohl's
Tunic-Length Black Turtleneck - by NY&Company
Scarf - by me!

Tuesday October 7 - I didn't make it to school this day due to a mix-up in appointments at the doctor's office and didn't get a picture

Wednesday October 8
I still wasn't feeling overly creative - but a bit more bold.
Black Wide-Leg Pants - by Jennifer Lopez at Kohl's
Red Sweater - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Scarf - by me!

Thursday October 9
I was feeling more fashionable this day.
Boots - by Candies at Kohl's
Sweater Tights - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Jean Skirt - by Access at Kohl's
Turtleneck Sweater - by ? at ? (can't remember and it's burried in the laundry)
Cream Pashmina Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's

Friday October 10
It was picture day - so you can't tell but I did my hair.
(I've avoided getting my picture taken for the 5 years I've been teaching - but this year I couldn't)
Jeans - by Jennifer Lopez at Kohl's
Black Zip-Up Fleece - by TekGear at Kohl's
Scarf - from my sister - purchased in Italy

Monday October 13 - no school (I wore pajamas all day!)
Tuesday October 14 - I FORGOT!

Wednesday October 15
I discovered #pinneditspinnedit
Check out the instagram and pinterest!
Each week she posts a calendar of outfit pins and they can also be found on her pinterest page (for better non-fuzzy photos for comparison)
Sandals - from TJ Maxx or Marshall's (can't remember) it was actually warm enough for sandals!
Tunic Length Short Sleeved Black Sweater - by NY&Company
Pink and Green Leopard Print Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's

So I don't have bright green pants but the skirt worked, and I don't have a button down shirt to wear under a sweater and as previously discussed I don't do statement necklaces.  I haven't worn this scarf yet despite having it for a while so this #pinneditspinnedit was the perfect opportunity!

Thursday October 16
Trousers - by Axcess at Kohl's
Black Rib Tank - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Gray Fly Away Cardigan - by Lauren Conrad at Kohl's
Red Pashmina Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's

Ok - so this pin doesn't strike me as comfortable.  Plus I don't have a gray dress.  But I think I pulled it off!

Friday October 17
Boots - by Candies at Kohl's
Boot Socks - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Leggings - by VeraWang at Kohl's
Animal Print Top - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Dolman Cardigan by Axcess at Kohl's

Again I didn't have quite what I needed to pull this off exactly - but I love this top!

Monday October 20
Black Wide-Leg Pants - by Jennifer Lopez at Kohl's
White Rib Tank - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Black Button-Up Sweater - from Old Navy
Tan Pashmina Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's

I loved the look of this original pin - but all of my patterned bottoms are skirts and as I said on instagram it was too cold and too Monday for a skirt.  I also don't have a light tan cardigan, but I think I pulled off the look with the scarf - I love scarves!

Tuesday October 21
Gray Corduroy - by Sonoma at Kohl's
Black and Maroon Mock-Layer Top - from Kohl's

Again this was a pin that didn't look comfortable enough to actually go about wearing - those shoes make my feet hurt just looking at them.  But I got the colors in all the right spots!

Wednesday October 22
Gray Flats - by ? from ?
Navy Trousers - by NY&Company
White Cami with Black Dots - from Kohl's (it's one of those Spanx like tops that squeeeeeeze you in!)
Gray and White Polka Dot Sweater - from Old Navy
White Pashmina Scarf - by Apt 9 at Kohl's

Ok I had basically nothing to wear for this one - I own absolutely no plaid, I've never been able to find a Chambray top that fit and I don't have a vest.  So I wore some polka dots and called it good enough.

Thursday October 23
Gray Boots -by Candies at Kohl's
Leggings - by Vera Wang at Kohl's
Black and Gray Tunic Sweater - by Apt 9 at Kohl's
Black Scarf - by ? from ? (I think I inherited it from my mother)

I loved this pin (finally a scarf!) but since it wasn't Friday I couldn't wear jeans and I don't have anything sparkly.  But I wore the gray boots which are awesomely comfortable.

Friday October 24
Jeans - from Kohl's
Teal Workout Top - from Marshall's - it's the kind with the thumb holes (love them!) and it's fleece lined!
Black Zip-Up Fleece - by TekGear at Kohl's

I didn't #pinneditspinnedit this day because it was a staff day, and I was going to be sitting in my classroom all day, so I wanted to be comfortable.  I almost wore Yoga pants and slippers but I resisted.



 photo Signature_zps73d808b4.png

No comments:

Post a Comment