Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Made-It



This weekend was not nearly as creative as last weekend - the hubs was home from work all weekend.  I mean he had all weekend off... that happens so rarely.  So we sat on the couch!


But I managed to get some projects done and thought I'd share them - so I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics again for Monday Made-It!


On Thursday I headed to school to put together my bulletin board - I made the banners last week.  And then I just had to put it all together!
I just moved into this new space in May. (I will be sharing a room with the reading teachers for the foreseeable future.) Luckily I have a bulletin board!

I used a black plastic table cloth from the dollar store - which was great since I was there by myself.  The tablecloth stuck to the board with static so I didn't need another set of hands.  Then I ruffled streamers along the outside and used the border to cover up all the staples.  I hung my banners from last weekend.  The Learning Scale on the right is from Mrs. Cain's Creations - and it was free!  I love my new bulletin board!





I actually made this stand a long time ago (last summer maybe)! But I finally spray painted it, took it to school and added pocket charts (from the target dollar bin).  Here is the pin I followed for making it! (While you're there follow me!)


I couldn't find a name plate that had what I wanted on it - so I made my own! I wanted something with the Upper and Lowercase letters, as well as a picture for the sound of that letter, and I wanted the K sight word list on the back.

I use these in my room to help kids know where to sit.  I hope it will also help them during writing.  This is my first for sale item on TPT!

I also redesigned my blog this week.  I wanted something to match the name.  I like putzing with the layout.
These social media buttons are my favorite!
I'm not sure how I feel about the gray (I was shooting for silver) - What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love your social media buttons! I had actually messed with mine yesterday and hate how they turn out so I'll be working on them again tonight/tomorrow. Yours however turned out PERFECTLY! Cute, simple and go along with your theme!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your name tags and ruffle border. They are so creative!

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! - My border was pinspired: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/278871401901489959/

      Delete